Friday, January 13, 2023

-About Me-

 

-About Me-


Greetings!

My name is Matt and I’m from Hillsboro, Oregon, which is in the NW of Oregon’s beautiful Willamette Valley. Currently, I live in a small rural community just outside of Aurora, Oregon, with my wife and daughter. I am presently pursuing a bachelor’s in Agricultural Sciences, which I will finish next term. Yay! Following graduation, I will be continuing my graduate research that I started last summer, after which I will be starting my graduate studies in entomology/horticulture. My professional goals include being involved in extension research and outreach. When I’m not studying, working, or spending time with my family, I love to backpack long distances, fish, forage, and just generally enjoy the outdoors. I also love to read books, play music, and learn new and exciting things. An interesting or uncommon fact about myself is that I do not utilize social media in any way, many of my colleagues find that curious. However, I do use email for academic, professional, and personal purposes daily. Yet, because my professional goals include extension outreach, and because online communication is common in my field, I very much look forward to learning all this course has to offer. My previous communication course was Ag 351, communicating agriculture to the public, and my goal for this course is exactly the same as my previous communications course, to absorb as much of the information as possible to enhance my professional and personal life. I look forward to this term and getting to know all of you using interpersonal communications.

Kindly,

Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment